Friday 27 February 2015

Tale of Malifaux Bloggers 2 - Failure

We are 3 days away from the final deadline for this month and some of you may be thinking, 'No, you can still do it!' but I am going to have to disagree. I am away this weekend for a friends birthday so I am not going to get a chance to paint anything.

I have fallen at the first hurdle. I missed this months challenge.

What did I actually achieve though?

Well I did manage to finally decide how to base my Resserectionists and made and painted almost all the bases for my current models:


I also managed to complete all of the minions from the box:



But of the 7 models I needed to complete, I managed 5:


So what happens now?

Well apparently there is some kind of forfeit, so I guess I am going to have to submit to that. It's not going to stop me trying to keep up with #ToMB2!

On another note, how have the games gone?

Well unfortunately there has been a little hiatus on the Malifaux campaign that was being run. The club wasn't open for one week and in the second there wasn't enough people to get some games in so we played some board games instead.

I have had one game that I haven't reported on since then, however. What have I learnt from this?

Sybelle is amazing! Using her upgrade 'bleeder lash' I charged into an illuminated, managed to cause 6 wounds after armour to it (mod damage twice) AND made it punch an illuminated it was standing next to for another 6 wounds! I am really starting to enjoy obey (I have been messing around with Zoraida in other games to) and it may have cost me a stone, but putting 2 illuminated in a position to die was well worth it!
 The ability call Belle is still the reason I take her though, but having tools at your disposal is very useful.

Nurses are brutal. Being able to guarantee, if you have a decent card in hand, that your opponents most powerful models can do nothing to you is savage. They do spend the beginning of the game dithering a fair amount, but once someone gets into their 8" range they can but savage. They are interesting models to play with, however, because they simply don't do damage. They are extremely good value, however.

I haven't had the ability to play with Seamus in the campaign yet though because I haven't bought a bounty. Soon my precious, soon.

Anyway, that's February's failure out of the way. Roll on March's failure! Catch you soon.

2 comments:

  1. 7 models was always a tall order I think, you came very close though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even ifyou didn't make the target, I think you've still done a great job. The pink on the first Belle in particular is excellent.

    ReplyDelete